gonna make some cords .. canare.. wat type tho?

lbcstudios

Canare L-4E5C Miniature Star-Quad (0.189" O.D.) Audio Cable
Canare L-4E6S Star Quad 4-Conductor Microphone Cable
Canare L-2T2S 2-Conductor Microphone Cable

my bro told me to buy some cord and connectors so he can show me how to make cords.. im gonna get switchcraft connectors.. i need some canare XLR cable.. wat one above is wat im lookin for.. or.. wat one above would be best for a mic xlr cable? thx

I bought some premade Canare XLR cables awhile ago... I believe it was the Star Quad 4 cable. I would go with Neutrik connectors, myself tho.

depends on how long your runs are... if you run 100 feet + then go with the star quad, if you don't you should be able to deal with the 2 conductor cable, which by the way, is WAY EASIER TO SOLDER.

also, i find it is easier to solder the neutrik connectors than the switchcraft. cost about 50cents extra per plug. not too bad unless you are making a million cables.

Great help thx ! my cables will be less than 30 ft a piece, so ill go with the 2 conductor. this wont cause a loss of a possible stronger signal or anything will it?..stupid question sry... say tho.. is thier any benefit going with the 4 conductor if my cables will be 25 ft?

4 conductor is theoretically more immune to noise over long distances, i believe due to the way they're wound.

2 conductor should have less capacitance, which should mean better sound quality in short distances.

Back