Gonna build small studio in my pole barn

Stubby03

I am going to build a small studio (25x15) in my pole barn. I am going to concrete small sections at a time because of money. Maybe frame 6x6 at a time. Pour, do another section. Repeat. Any tips as I go. Should I put plastic down, before the pour, so the floor does not sweat. I have my DAW, drums, guitars in the garage, and I need my own space for this stuff. I am using the 3 walls in the barn, so I only have 1 wall, and a roof to build. Any tips would be appreciated.

You're asking construction-related questiosn, rather that studio, guessing that's why no replies. Sounds like you are saying that the floor has to be poured (concrete) - is it dirt now? Most people will have a whole floor poured at once, it's cheaper in the long run - amazing how fast pros can do it.

Yes, Im am going to do it in one pour now. I just didn't know if there was anything during constructing it that I should do that would make the room any better. Instead of, I have it done, wish I would of done this. Pretty general.

Well, general constuction things - like maybe a bathroom will be desired in a year or two? In which case, get the septic drain pipes and water supply pipes in place first, just cap them until used.

Well, general constuction things - like maybe a bathroom will be desired in a year or two? In which case, get the septic drain pipes and water supply pipes in place first, just cap them until used.

I will say this, if you do not do this and then decide later to put something like this into your studio. You will be very sad as the dust from cutting concrete will really mess up your studio. I added a bathroom in my basement after the house was built. Cut the concrete to get drain pipes installed. What a mess, dust all over the place, in everything. Lucky for me, there was nothing delicate in the basement, but man was there a lot of dust.

I nice (warm) bathroom for those long recording sessions is going to be really nice at some point.

Back