Golden Age Mics?

Well, the condensers look pretty much like all the other Chinese-made mics. The ribbons look more novel (or ancient). But, y'know, this is sort of the new cottage industry: Get a web-site, a cool name and logo, and market low-price asain-made microphones.

Those ribbons are identical to CAD, Nady, and Apex budget ribbons, and the other one (R2) is identical to the Cascade Fathead. Even has the same 2.5 micron thick ribbon as the Fathead, which I like for mic'ing guitar cabs. That thing has a better hi end response cuz it isn't shrouded in all that foam and screening like the other ribbons are.

Only budget ribbon I will buy is the Apex 210. I will keep my Fathead for my guitar cab, it's great when blended with an Audix i5 signal, but it has a lot more noise by far than the Apex has. If I were to buy another ribbon I would buy another 210 or save my $$$$$ and get a Beyer M130.

Didn't see any prices listed...??

OK Thanks
I thought they looked like the Chinese crop, i 'll give em a miss. Waiting for the Beyer M500 re run, when ever that is.
Regards
Vikki(uk)

The Beyer M500 is a really great mic on a lot of voices. They can sometimes still be snagged pretty reasonably off e-bay (and sometimes people ask stupid money for them too). If you troll e-bay pretty regularly, you might get lucky.

I must say that have a more "finished" look than some of the others.
The TC1 tube mic has that Peluso/Soundelux aura/look to it.
Of course looks doesnt count for performance but market-wise if they pass any muster performance-wise, the look factor could benefit them.

" In spite of its low cost, the R1 Mk2 meets the stringest demands."

Taken from the product description. I'm not certain what kind of demands they are but am pretty sure they are not from Kansas. :D

Back