Golden age 73 discontinued?

Krush411

I wanted to buy the Golden Age 73 after hearing its the best preamp you can get for under 700 dollars. Well, it has been discontinued according to many sites I have tried to order it from.

For 600 dollars(my current preamp budget) is there anything out there comparable in quality?

Also the guy at Guitar Center told me he would sell me 'Universal Audio 710TF Preamp for 600 dollars(reg priced 799.95. I have NEVER heard of this preamp and can not find reviews anywhere online for it. Is anyone familiar with the Preamp and is it any good for that price?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Krush411
O snap-I just bought it from Alto Music's ebay store
http://myworld.ebay.com/altomusic/

Do you think the one I bought will not work for me since I am in America and the company is based in Sweden?

I did not even think to check the voltage-anyone know from that site if I got the right model to go with American Equipment?

Relax!
They sell on both sides of the pond.
It's probably a wall wart.
The Europeans already know you're on 110V.
Crafty buggers! :)

Thanks alot guys! I ordered one from altomusic. I guess musiciansfriend just had it wrong.

Question, so I bought the Shure SMb-Since I am recording music on my laptop-I am using the Sonar V Studio 100 as my interface and a Presonus TubePre as my preamp.

2 be honest-the vocal quality so far sounds NOT AS GOOD as my Blue Yeti USB microphone which is plugged directly into my computer without using the interface or presonus. I thought hmm maybe this is becuz the SM7b requires ALOT of gain, but I got the same results with all the diff mics I tried with this interface and presonus-the quality of the Blue Yeti plugged directly to my USB was better, clearer vocals.

Is this because of the presonus tube pre being so entry level? And will adding the GOLDEN AGE 73 change this and make my Shure SM7b recordings finally beat my 125 dollar usb yeti mic?

The Shure SM7B is a dynamic, is it?
That's why you need the preamps.
When you have a few coins to spare, try out a condenser mic.

Back