"Going Back" -- first post.

Mountaineer

Chepney,
Nice song . . . clean recording . . . good work ! Also listened to "Falling" and the
"Genius Is Pain" songs. More of your work or is this by other artists ? The GIP song
is fooking funny as hell . . . at least the lyrics that I could make out.

Regards,
PAPicker

Howdy!

There's a song called "Going Back" at www.idrive.com/chepney

It's sort of a home recording, but not quite. Here's what happened. . .

Most of the tracks were recorded at the audio lab where a friend of mine teaches recording and radio broadcasting. He's got kind of a wonky setup there, with lots of old, crappy gear, but still it was almost like being in a real studio. Anyway, the tracks were laid down on a 1" Tascam 16track and then transferred in hard-panned stereo pairs to audio CD-R. I brought the CDs home and ripped the tracks into my computer. Then I sunk them all up in Vegas Pro and did some editing and added some tracks and mixed it.

I think it turned out pretty good. I haven't had much experience mixing real drums. I'd like to get the snare sounding a little fatter . . . .

Anyway, if you'd like to give a listen and a comment, it'd be much appreciated.

By the way, you'll also see a song there called "Falling" which is from the same session, but I'm still working on it. And a song called "Genius is Pain", which is a John Lennon parody done by National Lampoon. I had nothing to do with it, but if you're a Beatle fan, you may find it amusing. Vulgar, but amusing.

Thanks,

Chepney

[This message has been edited by Chepney (edited 07-18-2000).]

i-Drive have "guest restrictions" in place. I have an account there too, and I was never notified that such a thing was going into effect. I've mailed them to find out what the freakin' deal is. Wish I could listen.

Back