Godin Synth Guitars?

I had a Multiac Nylon with a Roland GR-33 synth. It was amazing. I used the combo as a MIDI controller to sequence in my DAW and in an R&B band. The tracking wasn't as good as I hoped but together with a Korg 4 track digital recorder it was the best scratch pad in the world. I wrote so much music it was a shame. I never felt as creative as I did then.

Saw one, haven't played one

I saw one for the first time at an open mic on Friday. The owner is a very serious amateur, and seemed to like it well enough. His is not the Synth version. The buttons on the front let him balance how much of which pickup (transducer and internal mic) to mix in. He played a three-song set. Classical Gas from the early '70s, I believe, and the Peter Gunn theme, which was an absolute triumph. He said it took him 11 months to learn it. He has the right hands, and in the right hands, it seems that this instrument is a flexible and nice-sounding guitar. (The PA is minumal. I know no details, except the speakers were tiny, but produced big sound. The Godin was connected with an XLR (microphone) cable.)

I had the nylon string with the roland pickup in it. I used it with a VG8. It was OK. For me personally a nylon string wasn't condusive to what I was trying to accomplish really. It makes more sense to me to have steel strings with a synth. Just personal taste. The action ended up getting ridiculously high and I never bothered to get it set up by a pro. I traded it for a nylon string acoustic.

It's a neat guitar but not very practical imho.

I am looking at the LGXT with the Roland Guitar synth. I just have to find a dealer who sells them so I can try it for myself. Thanks.

allrics said:
I am looking at the LGXT with the Roland Guitar synth. I just have to find a dealer who sells them so I can try it for myself. Thanks.

Where are you located? There is a dealer list on the Godin site.

Back