God Awful Noise!!!

kennedy connor

I have TM D 1000 and when I plug it in to anything but my powered monitor it howls and sounds very embarassing like I don't know what i'm doing, which i don't. I have tried different cords but can get it to work with any of them. This happens when I use the monitor outputs.....I haven't tried anything else.
Thanks for any ideas

Dude, what?
What are you plugging in where? Start with the monitors at low volume. If you use a mic stay away from the speaker. What all do you have hooked up and where?

Need much more info..

Well,
There are no mics involved. I use an Audix powered monitor and take two lines out of the monitor output from the TMD and into the innputs the powered mixer. This works fine. The noise happens when I plug the monitor output of the tmd to any other kind of amplifier or mixer. It is not terrifically loud but is a continous nasty hum making use of the outputs impossible.
I have tried a number of other amplifiers and mixers in different locations, home, studio etc but still get this noise.

Are you employing a star grounding regiment?

This where all your AC power for the studio originates from one outlet in the room, and a power bar is plugged into that outlet and everything in the room is plugged into that power bar.

If not, give it a try and see if that fixes the hum/feed-back.

Cheers! :)

Back