glitches during live performances

gullyjewelz

Just wondering if this happens to others and how you deal with it . .

I'm performing live on stage and the house dj is controlling the set . . music, mixer, mics, lights, etc.

All of a sudden, the music stops.
Then it comes back on . . . a bar or two "behind" where it was when it stopped.
I get back "on time" and a few bars later - the MIC goes "out"
Then it comes back on . . . [I never stopped, just started yelling to project my voice as best as possible] and then everything seems good . . but the music is playing slower than I am performing . . . I slow down my performance . . . and once I am "back in sync" with the song . . the music starts getting faster . . and leaving me in the dust . . .

Not that I have performed so many times as to be a VETERAN PRO. But I have performed enough to notice a "feeling" I get when certain things seem to keep going wrong ..

If my suspicions are right . . how do you work around so many glitches?
Or .. .. are my suspicions just that phu<kin wrong and "it was me" :rolleyes: just being "off":rolleyes:
Has this happned to any one?

Wait... so are you saying there were technical difficulties? The mic shouldn't just "go out" and the music shouldn't stop unless there is a rest in the song. That should all be on the DJ/live engineer to make sure things like that don't happen.

Unless the backing track has tempo problems, the tempo shouldn't be changing throughout the song either. However, this could've been because you were losing track of the time in the song as you were performing. This is easy to do when you are occupied with the crowd and the excitement of the stage.

You might not be getting a loud enough mix of yourself in your monitors or you might not be hearing the track loud enough in the house speakers too.

I played the cd on my computer, in two different car, etc. Music plays fine.
im wondering if its better just to use a straight instrumental that way cant have these problems . . . unless the soundman is just phuckin wit me

I played the cd on my computer, in two different car, etc. Music plays fine.
im wondering if its better just to use a straight instrumental that way cant have these problems . . . unless the soundman is just phuckin wit me

With out a doubt gully ..... that stuff can only be manually done by the one at the controls.

That's why you bring your own DJ to do that work or bodyguard to beat the snot and sh!t out of anyone messing with your performance like that!!!!!!

:cool:

lol. yea this was the first time in a few events i didnt have my cuzin there. he usually do a whole lot of walkin up on the hosts, dj, bartender, bouncer, etc!!! lol.

Slink or swim.

Take it positively. It's when things go wrong that you'll find out whether or not you know how to handle a crowd.......

Back