giving up on digitech rp12

typecaste

I've had the digitech rp12 for a few years now. I have lived with its tone for a while now, but lately i just can't stand it. The distortion is full of listening fatigue and I just cannot bear listening to the AM radio noise that saturates my distortion. I have tried millions of combinations within the eq, compressor, noise gate, etc settings, but to no avail. What would you guys recommend? stomp boxes or another multi fx pedal? I love the versatility in sounds, but the distortion sucks balls and i need to move on. I am looking for a very crunchy distortion to complement the drop b guitars. thanks in advance for the help!

bartek

Hey, Typecaste,

I've got a Digitech RP50. It's only $60, and I like the sounds. Actually, it's worth that just as a stompbox tuner. It has cabinet voicing simulation, hence its "modeler" moniker. Maybe that would give you a cheap way to get some new sounds.

I ran it direct into my soundcard to record this song. Please give it a listen and post a comment, especially about how the guitars sound. Thanks!

Back