give a isten

bigtee

havent really found any country music on here, but please give a listen to any and all the songs and let me know what you think. I played all the instuments myself..Im really just a singer and rhythm guitarist so everything else im "learning" as i go. thanks any and all advise is appreciated.

http://unsigned.com/tompowell

Although I'm a hip hop head, I LOVE all types of music, yes country too! LOL imagine that. Besides, you critiqued my work. All your songs sound beautifully recorded, hard to nitpick much here. Nice guitar work on "Once Again" it really compliments the vocals well. If I would say anything the vocals on "Without You" are sort of shaky, maybe if they were sung with a bit more power they wouldn't have come across as weak. "Dreaming Of Drinks" sounds very reminiscent of "Margaritaville." Don't know of this was by design or not but nevertheless it's nicely done. One other thing I would consider is maybe some backing vocals, I think it would give many of your songs more fullness vocally. Other than that it sounds pretty good.

thanks for the feedback, yeh i think im going to drop the key on without you and see how much of a difference that makes, as i tried to move up in key on that song when i tried to push it, i got a little pitchy so i just kind of left the vocals run "laid back"..and i am working on harmonies with some of my stuff..(not much of a harmony singer)..when you sing lead all the time you tend to push that practice aside. again thanks for the feedback!:)

Back