Gina or Darla?

Professa Plum

I posted this in the event electronics forum but that one seems pretty empty...anyways. Musicians friend has gina and darla both for 299...guitar center has darla at 299 but gina at 399...my question is, is there a tradeoff between the two, or is the gina all-around superior. does gina = darla + S/PDIF I/O?

Both units have 2 analog in and 8 analog out on a break-out box. The Gina has unbalanced analog I/O and 2 digital S/PIF I/O. The Darla 24 has balanced analog I/O and no digital I/O.

NOTE: The old Darla only has unbalanced RCA I/O and no break-out box, so stay away from that one.

I use Layla and love it.

However, the GINA is the next model down and ive read good things about it as well.. can't go wrong with Event stuff...just stay Intel.

THx

i also believe the darla 24 is 24 bit as opposed to the ginas 20 bit.. doesnt the gina have 4 ins and 8 outs though ?

- eddie -

GINA has 4 in 10 out. That includes 2 in and 2 out on the S/PDIF line.
A 24-bit version of the GINA is on the way.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 04-18-2000).]

I thought Gina was cute, but Darla has a great personality! Although, neither has a chest that is going to get them in Playboy.... :D

Ed

True that Darla and Gina aren't stacked.. but their sisters Layla and Mona sure have some great racks... us, rackmounts that is.

jon x. that was the dumbest comment i've ever heard. i'll find you wherever you go. there's no escape, you hear me. you know nothing.

whoRu?, you remind me of someone i know. He has compulsive obsession disorder, what’s your excuse (and I’m not trying to be funny or derogative, I’m being serious).

GETTING INFO ON GOOD MODERATLY PRICED CONVERTERS OR I/O'S IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE. I'M LOOKING AT THE LAYLA OR THE MOTU. IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE PLEASE GIVE ME THE UPS AND DOWNS. I USE IT FOR RECORDING DRUMS MOSTLY. I ALSO RECORD WHOLE BANDS. IF THERE IS SOMTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE LOOKING AT AS WELL I AM OPEN.

Back