Gibson SG gloat post

daav

Flailing up a storm.
Here is a +1 for obsessively watching craigslist.

Scored a 93 SG Standard in excellent condition (maybe 3 small (less than a quarter inch) dings on the body, nothing through the finish) SG in heritage cherry for $500. Apparently my message came in literally one minute before the next person's.

Price was so good i called the local police and asked if there were guitars reported as stolen lately. No need as it turns out, this one just happened to be owned by a guy who was doing very well financially, bought it on a whim and never really played it, came complete original cardboard box, with case candy and everything, and 2 hard shell cases, as the original was (slightly ) worn, he bought a brand new Gibson hard shell. Extra set of strings and a cord thrown in for good measure as well.

whoo hoo!, I will be strumming my new SG all day today, just as soon as i figure out how to explain that the SG standard is not the same guitar as the SG classic in the same color i already have.

Daav

Last edited:
score! Can really find some good stuff on craigslist-

I used to have one in the same color too. Such an awesome sound,

Gibson SG gloat post

Naaaaa....gloating is NOT allowed without pictures. :spank:

I've been looking for a '61 reissue SG...or preferably a Maestro version for a decent price.

One thing I've noticed with the '61 reissues is that prices are all over the place (actually, prices on all SGs are all over the place :confused:).
I'm seeng some asking $2000 for '61 RIs...while some only $1200....all in about the same condition.
Seems the average selling price on the '61 RI is in the $1100-$1300 range.
The SG Standards are even more varied in price....but $500 is very nice! :cool:

OK, if i did this correctly, there should be a photo attached of the guitar, and my late 80's CIJ strat (bill lawrence PUPs), and the MIM jaxx bass (fralin PUPS) as well. You can see the case that came with the SG, but not the original case that he threw in as well, which is in great shape too really.

Daav

Attachments

• iphone 6-2010 031.jpg
    iphone 6-2010 031.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 36
couple more as well...

Attachments

• iphone 6-2010 115.jpg
    iphone 6-2010 115.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 37
  • iphone 6-2010 126.jpg
    iphone 6-2010 126.jpg