Gibson Price Drop

donkeystyle said:
I wonder why the sudden drop in prices.

Hopefully they are losing their assholes on their gouging and have no choice but to lower prices. Lot of nice guitars out there for lets say 600-700 range. Competition is good.

Half price!
Nice. LPs are around £1,200 in the UK which is $2260.
So $1,500 is a bargain!

Eck

This may put my surf guitar conversion of a Fender Standard Strat HH (TV Jones HiloTrons replacing the humbuckers) project plan on hold, for a bit. Kinda thinkin' I might snag me one of the Gibson SG Special Faded in brown, which could pull rhythm guitar duty behind my Fender So Cal Speed Shop Strat at lead, for some rip roarin' hot rod instrumentals. I may have to force myself to go with the Strat HH surf guitar conversion, since I already have an Ibanez JTK2 Jet King, which is a solid body electric with 2 humbuckers. Besides, if I wanted to do coil tapping on the SG, I'd likely want to change 2 of the pots, rather than putting anymore holes in a Gibson that what's already there.

It is VERY tempting, though, and I'll likely waffle on my next purchase choice, all the way up until I actually have the bucks to buy the Fender. :p

Matt in Indiana

therage! said:
Hopefully they are losing their assholes on their gouging and have no choice but to lower prices. Lot of nice guitars out there for lets say 600-700 range. Competition is good.

now they nrrd to address their mandolin prices :cool:

The price drop is only on the cheaper low end models.
The faded series have shitty finishes, their necks feel terrible, compared to the upper line.
they are just trying to unload their crap.

Ahem...not a gibson fan here, but I have been curious to get one recently. Is the difference between the low end and higher end models only the finish? Or is there more than meets they eye?

Thanks.

the finish and the pickups the tuning machines.
although some of the low end ones use the better pickups.

Back