"Ghost Story"

One musical thing and one mixing thing:

Mixing first... the hi-hat sticks out, as it's very very short and crisp, and leaves the cymbals dead in the background in comparison.

Musical thing: it's kinda all good but I did wish it progressed a bit quicker. 7 min track! Honestly, I know my attention span's not huge but I did get a bit bored and I hate myself for saying that I skipped on. It immediately got better... then was a bit same-y again, so skipped again, same story again.
If it all developed a bit faster I think it could be really interesting. All the ideas and motifs are there just I'd like to have them condensed down a bit.

Pretty cool.
Starts off good.

Wish it was a bit spookier.
Too many happy major chord sounding sections?

IMO, Keep it minor and use extra spooky scales.
Just my .02

Right out of Rocky Horror Picture Show! The Theremin part is a little loud compared to the guitar lead. It IS kinda long for an instrumental tune you'd only play once a year. Still, clever chord structure.

ooh, spooky....like out of those 60's Vincent Price movies which actually made you laugh more than being scary. Pretty good though. I find the drum sound a bit weak.

First post since January 2008 ? You should hang around more often and comment on others' tunes for a while before diappearing again!

Thanks! :)

I got similar comments about the length and the drums on another forum so you must have a point there.

Thanks for the feedback!

First post since January 2008 ? You should hang around more often and comment on others' tunes for a while before diappearing again!

Yes, 3 years and 30 tunes later... :) I had kind of decided to never come back here, but 3 years is a long time and people change - including me. So maybe I will come here more often now.

About the length of this tune... I just took a look at the stats. Of my latest four tunes, this is the longest one. Still, it has the highest percentage of complete plays and the lowest percentage of skips.

Back