Ghost 'double-up' effect with Ozone 4 - why?

Dear Anyone.

I'm using Ozone 4 on a PC with Cubase 5. I've only just bought it, wanted to try it out. So I imported a soundfile into Cubase. Put Ozone 4 on the track as a plug-in. Chose a preset at random, just to see what it sounded like, pressed PLAY and got more pops'n'crackles than an Olympics firework display.

Clicked STOP. And the track faded out TWICE, once normally, once like there was an echo behind it. Not a reverb kind of echo, as though you'd been playing an instrument in a large empty room and suddenly stopped. So I restarted playback. The first 5 seconds or so are great. Then the 'ghost' version of the track cuts in behind and you start getting cracks and pops, which in this case seem to be the two versions fighting eachother. Then you press stop and, as before, the main version fades out - but you can DEFINITELY hear the ghost version echoing down to silence in the background.

Please, the only thing I know about Ozone 4 right now is how to click it on, can someone help me work out what this 'ghost version' is and how to stop it from happening? If I Bypass Ozone 4 - no ghost version, plays fine, that's how I know it's something to do with Ozone.

But what....??

I'll try out anything anyone suggests.

Yours hopefully

Christopher Burke

I'm almost thinking a buffer issue, but wouldn't it be prudent at this point to contact Izotope about this?

Pretty sure the pops'n'crackles are from the limiter being pushed too hard.

The ghost version: Is it possible you have your monitors and a mic on in your room?? Who knows what settings you have in Cubase. You need to figure all this out. No one could possibly know what you've got going on.

Please, the only thing I know about Ozone 4 right now is how to click it on,

Definitely read the manual. It's written pretty good, from what I remember.

Back