gettting long loops in time

Twampy

Hi All,
Using sonar x2.
I am trying to build a song from an old 4 track recording, the machine is long gone so I recorded the tracks from a standard tape player. One stereo guitar track and one mono vocal track, the vocal was in reverse as it's a 4 track tape but sonar easily reversed it back. I lined up the tracks and hey presto an oldrecording ready to be re-remastered.
Here's my problem, I'd like to add drums etc but the timing of the guitar is not exactly perfect as you would expect from an acoustic performance. I've used groove clip looping but it does not seem to make much difference. I think as I am making a track which is over 2 mins long it is just too long. I also tried splitting the track up but ended up with different tempos.
I think I am fighting a loosing battle but if any one has any ideas...........

Been having an audio work out.
I think it is too hard for sonar to pick out the audio transients on an acoustic guitar piece, especially when it was not recorded with a metronome. So what I am busy with now is picking out the most usable sections and making some loops. I think I will get the timing I am after but I might loose the feel. We'll see.
A long way to go but it's all fun and frustrating and good and laborious.
I might be better learning to play guitar the amount of time I am spending on this but I'm learning quite a lot along the way.

Back