Getting WAVs to play at the right speed.

headshox

I am completely new to Cubase (5 VST/32), and all I want to do with it at the moment is mixdown two tracks of my friend's brother singing, and playing guitar and maybe add a few effects.

Simple I thought, but I can't even get over the first hurdle, whenever I import the sound files (WAVs) they play way too fast, he sounds like a chipmunk, this puzzles me beacuse they play perfectly in Cool Edit. I have tried decreasing the tempo but annoyingly it just alters the length of WAV so that it still plays at the same speed overall.

At the moment i've just had to compromise by mixing them down in Cool Edit, but it means A) I'm not using any of the effects I want to, and B) I've spent a lot of money on nothing!

Help me!!

Seb

Check the sample rate settings. It sounds like the wav was recorded at 44.1 and the program you're playing it back in is set to 48.

Thanks

Many thanks, that was the problem, works fine now.

Out of interest, if I want to put two WAVs of different sample rates into the song, is there an option to deal with this in Cubase, or is it best to resample it in Cool Edit before importing it?

Seb.

Back