Getting Video into a computer on a VERY cheap budget.....

wjgypsy

Hey guys,

Now, most of you know that i was going to film my own version of "Jackass" and call it "Dumass", well, me and some friends got outside yesterday with the cam for abut 5 hours and got about 10mins of film. :D Anyway, the quality of the tape is better than i thought it would be, so i got some video editing software in a software package a few months ago and i never used it. so now, i want to install it on one of my computers and put our videos in their for background music, fades, credits. stuff like that. I have NO knowledge of vgetting a video in to a computer what so ever. I did take video editing class in middle school, so i know you need a "Capture card"

thanks!

Zeke

What format is it now? Are you using a digital cam? With those digital thingies you can use firewire. I think.

As for other cheap solutions; I have no idea whatsoever. The cheapest solution is probably to play it on a video and capture it with a webcam. Results will most probably be very questionable...

thanks. I looked around at best buy today and i found something that should work for me. It's a little black box with video and rca audio inputs and it plugs into your usb port. It also comes with software. I think it's about $70 but i'm going to see if i can find it at another place like walmart, because best buy isn't reall THE best buy.

I forgot the name of it. It's not myne, it's my friend's grand dad's. It's a old cam, but i'd say only a few years. It has a video and a mono audio out put

I second DS21. I used to use an ATI TV Wonder and it did a pretty good job considering how cheap it was. I'll admit that I used it mostly for watching TV though. :)

I later sold it and upgraded to an All-In-Wonder Radeon. It has cleaner video capture and also works as a 3D video card & TV tuner. I then later bought another, All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500. I'm thinking about upgrading yet again (since I do play some 3D games on the PC I use for video work, its nice to get the faster 3D chipsets). If you are interested, I'd probably be willing to part with my original Radeon AIW card cheap. Email me if you are.

Zeke, I've got that $70 BB unit. Worked pretty well for transferring old VHS stuff to VCD, and I certainly liked the price. Software that came with it was pretty easy to use too. I believe you can also import separate audio tracks in that software but I've never tried it.

Back