Getting started

pahinson

Hey I want to start making my own music(hip hop and my style) and was wondering what software I should buy. I already have a roland midi controller and a sweet apple. I need advice on a music software and microphone. I am debating b.w ableton live intro and mixcraft and I preferabally do not want a usb mic. So please give me suggestions. Budget friendly fyi

getting started

first off i would definietly recommend cubase 5 but since you are on a friendly budget go with fl studio and learn there first its cheap but its also great start for beginners like your self and far as mic wise the st59 is very impressing its 299 but the sound you get will match up to a 1500 dollar mic its made by sterling audio a real good piece of work check it out on line

i use magix 14 n fl studio myself but if your intarested id collab wit ya on song....i do hip-hop/rap

Welcome to HR! I would like to second the st59. Very impressive mic. I'd go with cubase, pro tools (kind of expensive), or adobe. Fruity loops for beat production. If you want your vocals to sound top of the line. I'd recommend a vocal compressor. I'd recommend you mine but It's been a real p.o.s lately so i couldn't let you go through with that. You will need to get a boom stand and pop stop but you probably knew that. :p Good luck!

Back