Getting started

telewacker43

I have just purchased an MD8 and want to set up some other equipment with it. I would like to record direct from my computer eg: Band In A Box , Cakewalk, etc. I currently run my computer out to the in on a stereo amp. The amp has aux ins and outs. I also have some processors that I would like to use. I would like to also record my final mixes to my burner. Any ideas on the order of hooking these items up? This is a little overwelming for me and any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. By the way I am new to this forum and think it is a wonderful site.

Tommy Mark

Just kidding. I don't use my computer at all to record or mix therefore I can't help you but, I'm sure someone with wisdom will come along soon with answers

Ray J

Tommy-

You can save YEARS of trial-and-error trying to figure out signal paths - so save yourself the trouble. Get a copy of "A Guide To Home Recording" by Peter McIan.
It's a bit dated, but contains invaluable info on producing clean tracks with limited equipment.
Your best bet is to record your acoustic tracks (drums, guitars, etc.) into the MD8, then record them as a stereo pair in Cakewalk. That way, you are only going through one A/D conversion, and you're sending a digital signal to your burner.
By the way, forget Band In A Box! Instead, check out Jammer Pro from Soundtrek.

Best of luck

Buffalo Bob

Back