Getting ripped off by music stores

Joepie

I apologize for the rant, but I just had to share this with you guys.

I've been spending around 10-15 euros apiece for my XLR-cables at the local music store. Through friend I just got a chance to order them direct from the supplier (the same one the stores use) at f%&*ing 1,95 each. :eek: :eek:

Imagine the profit they make on these. I feel seriously ripped off. :mad:

end rant

That's how they pay for electricity for wankers to play guitar in their store all day long and then order the amp off the 'net to save $10.

I like buying from local music stores. They charge more, but, you can try it before you buy it.
Most of the time if you make a purchase...like a mixer, amp, guitar, or keys...they will throw alot of stuff like cables, strings ect... in.

Good customers get fair deals from music stores. People who are just buying little shit like mic cords and not going to get a good deal (compared to online)

I like having the mom and pop stores around and I'm willing to pay more to get the service and attention I want.

jimistone said:
I like buying from local music stores. They charge more, but, you can try it before you buy it.
Most of the time if you make a purchase...like a mixer, amp, guitar, or keys...they will throw alot of stuff like cables, strings ect... in.

Good customers get fair deals from music stores. People who are just buying little shit like mic cords and not going to get a good deal (compared to online)

I like having the mom and pop stores around and I'm willing to pay more to get the service and attention I want.
Exactly.....

It's the same for all types of cables in any consumer electronics area. Look at high end audio and video cables. You get completely scammed if you buy HDMI cables from a home electronics store.

Are you positive you are comparing apples to apples here? Just because the cables came from the same source does not mean they are built the same or use the same parts. Just a thought.

Back