getting rid of guitar buzz

westermane

Hi,

This is probably too simple of a question for this board, but...

When I record my electric guitar, I get some buzzing sounds, especially when my hands aren't touching the strings. Anyway to get rid of this problem?

Thanks!

yes

yes, i think that's what it is. is there anyway to get rid of that noise? i'd like to record my guitar with a totally clean sound if possible.

the source of the noise could be a number of things.. are you plugging directly into the recorder, or are you using amplification? is the noise there when you turn the volume off on the guitar? have you tried a different cable?

do you have any appliances running? in my old apartment i had to shut everything off, especially ceiling fans and air conditioning, to eliminate electrical hum.. plus don't forget that the pickups on the guitar can at times pick up noises, like when you rest your wrist watch on top of the strings..

Does the sound go away when you touch the strings,and you have single coil pickups?Sorry man,that's normal!
If you are getting a buzz with humbuckers,the ground wire running from the minus of the bridge pickup to the bridge could be detached.

Tom

Turn off your computer monitor, if you are next to one, and if youre using a pod, turn away from it when playing.

Back