Getting ready for vocals..

Meshuggah

Hello..

I did this one yesterday.. It's a very simple song, going more for the feel of it.. A girl I know will sing on it when lyrics/vocal arrangement is figured out.

Drums: Fruity Loops w/ Drumkit from hell samples
Bass: Washburn XB400 -> Mackie
Guitars: Jackson PS4 Bartolini p-ups -> Roland GP100
Voice samples from A Requiem for a Dream

Any thoughts on song/mix are welcome! :)

Man those drums sounded great ! How in the hell did you do that in FruityLoops???

Kick could come up a bit.

Overall the song sounded good... can't wait to hear it with the vocals.

See Ya
Dennis

killer tune. I wouldn't bring the kick up much if at all. Very fat and big sound. Those drums do sound great. I wouldn't have pegged them for samples if you hadn't said so.

The song actually holds it's own without vocals. It would make a cool piece for a film.

Thx a lot both of you for listening. (thought this one had died without notice ;) )

The drums.. all I can say is Drumkit From Hell... I didn't bother too much with programming these drums. It's 3 patterns over and over.. DRUMKIT FROM HELL!!!

http://drumkit.toontrack.com/

Hopefully I'll have vox on this one soon..

Thanks for listening! :)

Wassup Shuggah,
Very cool stuff man! You nailed the verb match on the guits and drums. They sound very complimenting together. I a little bit of a british vibe from this....... Oasis'ish....kinda. Man those cymbals sound nice. Im looking forward to hearing this w/ vocals..... very nice.
g

damn those drums sound good.....

my cymbals need help, Im gonna have to look into this "Drumkit from Hell"......

as tex said, stands alone very well, but im curious what kind of vocals you are gonna put on this.....

nothing stands out mix wise.....cant wait to hear it finished.......

MIKE

Drumkit from hell. No wonder it's so damn good :D Nice mix. The guitars sound a bit thin to me, but I always prefer the mix to be so choked that you can't hear any space :D Mix is good, song is kinda there. It didn't hit me instantly. Maybe it requires more listens.

The drums really make the whole song sound crisp and clear.

from page 5

yeah those drums sound great.. I didn't think DFH cold be used with Fruity? cool song.. lots of space for vocals..

edit -- is the guitar a bit out of tune?

Dude... how the heck did I miss this?!?!?! :eek:

This is friggin' cool.

Nice drum sound (I gotta get me that drumkit from hell stuff. :p) and a nice over-all groove.

Cool Stuff...

The fade at 2:01 and 2:03 were a little odd (especially the one at 2:03.) Prolly not a big deal to most, but odd enough for me to take note of it on my first listen. The cut at 0:40 was done much better.

I like how the drums keep playing (only quieter) during the break at 1:20...

sorry... just random thoughts... :p

WATYF

Back