getting preamp sound

hitman

Is there an economical way to reproduce the sound of a drumset through the preamps of a neve board. aside from buying a $250,000 board? Are there any multiple preamps rack units to fatten up the sound before it hits my computer?

are you serious?.....

thats like asking if you can get the ride and luxury of a Lexus at the price of a Tercel......

how economical do you want to be ($$$budget)....

you can get an Art 2 channel unit for kick and snare and then invest a few dollars in a nice 2 channel preamp for the overheads and you are in business....

Well, you could probably shoot for a $100,000 board. Or rack your own Neve's if that's what you like....$300-1000 apiece or so?

Slackmaster 2000

rad idea

I've got a set of starclassics, some akg c418's, a d112, one sm57, and two octava condensers. They're being monitored with a mackie 1604vlz pro. I'm looking to plug into a Titanium laptop, and keep all my necessary out board gear in one LIGHT rack. i.e. quad comp, mic pre's, I/O, the mackie is in it's own separate rack.
I've seen the neve strips converted into a rack, but I'm concerned about travelling with them fragile expensive things. Is there a durable road worthy multi pre amp. Preferably a rackmounted unit.

Back