Getting my Cubase audio to CD

Rhino_Rick

I'm kinda new to all this fun stuff, so I've got a question.

I record full audio stuff in cubase, export to wav, convert to mp3, and then burn to a CD. I'm sure I'm losing quality in this process.

What's a better way to get stuff from my Cubase to the final resting place?

I've got an Aardvark Q10 (if that matters).

THANKS!

-Rick

Just export it to WAV. (There is no need for you to convert it into a MP3). You would lose quality when you convert to MP3. :(

Assuming you are burning Audio CD's, Spin's got your answer. . .

Eighty-six the .mp3 step and go directly from .wav to Audio CD.

Also, if you are recording at anything higher than 16-bit depth, you will be losing quality in the reduction to 16 bit required when you go to CD. To help compensate for this loss, you need to dither when doing the bit reduction.

Dithering

Ok, now comes my question while reading this.
Call me stupid :

but What the hell is Dithering????

The only programs I have for CD burning are mp3 to CD. What's a good program to use to go from Wav directly to CD?

Thanks guys!
-Rick

but What the hell is Dithering????

It's a technique which adds noise to a sound file when reducing the bit rate. The noise is designed to make it sound more pleasing, as opposed to just truncating the extra bits. Do a search on this topic in the Mixing/Mastering forum. It's been covered about a gazillion times.

The only programs I have for CD burning are mp3 to CD. What's a good program to use to go from Wav directly to CD?

Hmmm... I've never seen a program that only goes from .mp3 to CD. What program are you using? Are you sure it won't burn from .wav files?

Personally I use Wavelab, however, there are lots of others out there. Wavelab is somewhat expensive, but it can also be used for mastering and wave editing along with burning to CD.

Back