Getting Mackie Control un. to work in vegas.

chrishisey

Alright, so this is the sound card I am currently useing.
http://audioen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8

I do homerecording for local bands, Recent Bought a Mackie control universal Used, I plug it MIDI out to midi out on my sound cards breakout box, and my in to the in on my breakout box. Loaded vegas, Loaded the Mackie controle in the controle surface, but it just reads 'no mackie device found' I can not get the 2 too comunicate with one another, I did buy this used, I hope for the money i spent, I'm hoping its not a 600 doller paper weight, But yeah, Any idea's of why they will not communicate?
Useing Vegas 5.0

You may want to run the MIDI OUT of the Mackie to the MIDI IN of your Terratec and the MIDI IN of the Mackie to the MIDI OUT of the Terratec.

You don't want it to be MIDI IN to MIDI IN and MIDI OUT to MIDI OUT.
IN is to receive signal and OUT is to send it.

crankz1 said:
You may want to run the MIDI OUT of the Mackie to the MIDI IN of your Terratec and the MIDI IN of the Mackie to the MIDI OUT of the Terratec.

You don't want it to be MIDI IN to MIDI IN and MIDI OUT to MIDI OUT.
IN is to receive signal and OUT is to send it.
thats what i ment to say I did that... Is there suppose to be a install file, or is it just kinda plug and play, because nothing seems to notice my mackie is alive.

you have to set the mackie control itself to mackie control mode.

Turn off the MCU, then hold channel select 1 and 2 while powering it up

Choose mackie control mode

if that dont work, Ill get back to you

I think i found my problem, the MIDI jacks in my sound card do not work... Makes me feel better and bad at the same time, no matter what i do with the ports, no sound happends... So would buying a USB To MIDI port work?

Back