Getting a new mobile studio set up!!

BJW

So I'm pretty excited that I'm finally upgrading the guts of my studio - and I'll be able to go mobile as well.

So here's what I've got so far:

Interface/Software
PreSonus FirePod. This thing straight up rocks. For the price and features, you simply can't beat it. Sounds awesome. Works great every time. I run Cubase - I know how to make it do what I want to do, so I like it.

Mics
Studio Projects C1. I like this one for vocals
MXL 603s (matched pair). Great pair of sdc's.
Sure SM57. Can't be without one of these
Audix OM5. I like it for a live vocal mic, and it's pretty versatile to have around.

I can pretty much cover everything I need for now, except for live drum mic'ing.

Monitors
Event PS5s. They get the job done.

Computer
AMD XP 2400 (2Ghz), 512 MB (slow) RAM, 30GB HDD (7200RPM) + 110GB HDD (7200RPM)

Well, here's where the major upgrade kicks in:

I just scored a 15" MacBook Pro, and I've ordered some upgrades.

Stock: 2ghz Intel Duo-Core processor, 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 80G HDD (5200RPM)

Upgrades ordered:
1GB RAM stick (will upgrade to 1.5 GB),
2 external hard drives:
1) Will take my 110 GB HD from my old computer and put in a firewire external enclosure (can daisy-chain to the firepod)
2) 250 GB (7200 RPM, 16MB Cache) SATAII hard drive in a external SATA -> eSATA enclosure
3) eSATA expresscard for the macbook pro

The SATA 250 GB drive will transfer at 3Gb/s (though I think the expresscard only handles 1.5Gb/s) - MUCH, MUCH faster than USB 2.0 or firewire either way. It's the ultimate external hard drive (at least for now).

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to get it all up and running - should be able to handle anything I can throw at it, anywhere with an outlet.

Back