Getting 24-ch of Analog Out of My Computer

Alex W

Here's my set-up:

Korg D1600 16-track HD recorder.
M-box with Protools LE on Mac G4.
Mackie 1604

I was hoping to be close to done but the guru's over in the mixing & mastering neck filled my head with visions of analog mix down (something about "bad" buss summing of DSPs). Anyway, if I did want to go back out to an analog board from Protools LE (or other software multi-track spitter-outer if necessary); how can I get up to 24 individual analog signals out of that Mac and into an appropriately sized mixer (note--I'm aware I'm track limited with the Mackie but humor me anyway).

The Delta 1010 will get me 10; can I hook up a couple of these?

MOTU?

Ethernet?

Help:confused:

Alex

I believe that most interfaces are cascadeable or at least work well in series. If I were doing this I'd want it all on one good box like track rat has.

Its the Alesis hard disc 24 track, 24 bit recorder. I also it as a A/D/A converter through the 2408 in and out of the computer.

Thanks HangDawg, I saw that at the MOTU site and figured it might work.

I'll start saving as well.

Alex

Im running 2 RME 9652's for a total of 52 channels Input/Output. When it works it is great, but techsupport at RME and their US distributor Xvision is kinda lacking.
You can run multiple Deltas/midiman units in many cases, but you NEED to find someone with a working setup and copy theirs. Midiman will LIE to your face about compatibility, so be real careful there.
If you can deal with MOTU's interfacing software, then they are a bargain and a half for hi channel counts
Soundscape mixtremes are for real Pro cards, and you can get 64 channels of them in one PC, TDIF I/O tho
People say Echo has stopped doing the horrible tech support crap they used to, so the newer Layla's might be cool too

Back