"Gettin' Ready" mastered by Jeff Maher

lifelyrics

Training wheels on
Hi all,
Well, some of you may remember my questions about clipping on my little song that my girls recorded (with my son on guitar), Gettin' Ready. Fortunately, Jeff Maher took the time to analyze my wav files, mix and master them, and teach me a bundle in the process! I'm still trying to soak in all the great info he passed along to me, and further investigate my software, so that I can utilize as much of it as possible.
Please take a moment to listen to what he did with "Gettin' Ready"!!
Some days, I've literally felt under water, with all the new information I'm trying to absorb and go forward with. Soon, I hope to rejoin where everyone else is, with their projects, and add a couple of new tunes as well.
I look forward to hearing from you!!
Oh, here's the link: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8007390
See ya 'round...

It is an improved mix, but yours was good for the time & place you were in on.
I don't actually bother with the mastering process with my stuff - oh, I chuck on a limiter so that things don't clip.
I just don't have the ears for it I suppose.
have you read along with the mastering threads SS Glen & Co? Very informative but I have to agree with the main contention - mastering is for mastering engineers!
Nevertheless, we do need to tidy our stuff up for public consumption somehow: it's great that Jeff helped & coached you through the process.

pretty neat, your girls have wonderful voices and your son plays the guitar very well, sounds great & cool song, talented family:)

You have some talented kids !!! Love the vocals! Guitar boogies!

The mastering is good - I can hear a definite "liveliness" and "ambience" that bring it to life.

Congrats on a great tune/mix/master!

:D :cool::D:cool:

Thank you

Ray-Thanks for your comments. Though I would have to agree with you mostly - about mastering for engineers, I am so grateful to have been introduced to such good, practical instruction that Jeff so willingly gave. I am still learning from it, and I know I will continue to learn from all the little tidbits he shared, as I refer back to them, and use them on my future projects.
Jeff-Pretty sure I uploaded exactly what you sent to me. Thanks once again for your help and instruction.
Cantthinkofname-(cool name) Thanks so much for your comments. I'm very pleased with the gifts my kids have, and hope to encourage them to grow their talents. My son wasn't so willing to do this project, as it is definitely NOT his preference of music - but I was glad for his effort anyway. On the other hand, my girls and I had a really good time doing the recordings. It was really cool to record them separately, because I got to see their individual personalities and strengths in the process. We had some good laughs, and fun times.
Ido1957-Thanks so much! I've seen you around on several threads, and have this question for you: What is the source of your name? Is that when you said "I do"? Did you get married in 1957? I always wonder about that when I see your name!

I'm hoping to post some new stuff very soon. Recording time has definitely been diminished since school started around here. I'm a busy mom with all these gremlins going in different directions!:)

Back