Get Young (funky rock)

Pretty cool man. Nice job putting this together.

It kind of sounds like a live recording though...not sure exactly if you're aiming for that sort of thing?

The horns sound sweet! The outro almost sounds like a slowed down Machine Gun (band of gypsies?) riff. Guitar playing there is pretty cool...the tone is a little dark and heavy on the verb and/or delay, but still cool sounding.

Thanks for the reply. I wanted a live feel. Hopefully it sounds live in a good way not a bad way. I wrote the song and Band of Gypsies is one of my favorite albums so I'm probably subconsciously ripping it off often. I wanted the guitar tone at the end to be kind of dark because the riff is pretty dark and diminished. I wanted that part to pretty much go into space. Do you think it's too dark and spacey? Thanks again!

I like that guitar on the left. Cool tone. It fit well in the mix. Generally well performed.

Bass sounds a little rumbly. the low end is a little too strong for me.

The biggest complaint I have is the reverb. Makes it sound like a low budget 1965 kind of recording. If this was added after recording, I'd take it out. Everywhere it was used.

Little pop at :54.

Pitch problem at 1:12. Some other spots too.

Thanks for the comments. Feel free to mess around in mastering software. I'm doing the same thing myself. ;)

Back