Get this!!!

So... $1000 for circles? Is it more expensive to manufacture shapes with curved sides? That's bullshit. Everyone knows it's the blue glow that gives a signal analog warmth.

Dogbreath said:
D'OH!
My bad.....I thought it was the lava lamp... :confused:
My wife just ordered me a 52oz lava lamp....but it's not here yet. I can't do any recording right now.

notbradsohner said:
Some guy at GC just told me that the Blue Robbie might be shaped that way because "electronic signals sound better when they go in circles."

ya, thats what I said
Holy shit. :eek:

Yeah, I love those guys. I've been told by their sales apes that "certain patchbays really don't sound as good as others." I mean...it's a freakin' patchbay.

Purge said:
Holy shit. :eek:

Yeah, I love those guys. I've been told by their sales apes that "certain patchbays really don't sound as good as others." I mean...it's a freakin' patchbay.
Yeah but now you've called to task that whole stack off people that hear every frikin' piece of wire sounds different.
Ah.. Look out. :eek:

I had a guy at GC explain to me that buy inserting a preamp into input 5-8 on my 002r that I was skipping the conversion step. I tried butting in and saying "yeah it avoids the preamps" but he quickly cut me off to tell me how this pre's converters were far superior to the 002r's. He was selling me a Eureka with no digital option. I felt really sorry for him.

Patchbays can certainly vary in quality and integrity of your signal path, so in this instance that sales person was not too far off.

Dogman said:
We don't have a Guitar Center here. I have no fun at all. :mad:

What? Drive 20 min (or don't) -- unless it closed recently.

Guitar Center Boise
5761 Fairview Avenue
Boise, Idaho 83706

My nearest GC is in Charlotte, about 80 miles away. Such a shame.

scrubs said:
What? Drive 20 min (or don't) -- unless it closed recently.

Guitar Center Boise
5761 Fairview Avenue
Boise, Idaho 83706

My nearest GC is in Charlotte, about 80 miles away. Such a shame.
Holy Shit!!!! I never even saw it before.....but I never go out that way. That's pretty funny...some dude from another state finds my local guitar center before I do....What a dumbshit I am...or smart...maybe I'm smart..... :D

When I was looking at mixers at GC, I noticed that the Yamaha MG mixers don't have a solo button. He said that they have a mute, which does the same thing. We argued for 5 minutes on this. What a douche.

xstatic said:
Patchbays can certainly vary in quality and integrity of your signal path, so in this instance that sales person was not too far off.
Unfortunately, the "wide" selection of patchbays offered at Guitar Center won't lend much creedence to his claim. ;)

notbradsohner said:
Some guy at GC just told me that the Blue Robbie might be shaped that way because "electronic signals sound better when they go in circles."

Worked for Billy Preston... he wrote a song about his mic.

Purge said:
Unfortunately, the "wide" selection of patchbays offered at Guitar Center won't lend much creedence to his claim. ;)

I agree, unless you happen to be at Guitar Center Hollywood or something.

yeah, i try to defend GC sometimes, but man...... it was a behringer too, wddn't it?

Back