Get this guitar sound

Figure out what gear they're using. It looks like a Vox, probably AC30, another one is a Marshall, and I'm not sure what that one on the right is. The far right is an Ampeg bass amp. A lot of the heaviness will come from the bass, so don't expect it to sound exactly like the song without a bass backing you up. Not sure what guitars they're using, but I'm sure a Les Paul would get you close enough. In terms of recording, you'll need to double the tracks and pan them for that wall-of-guitars sound (well, okay, I'm sure what they actually did was record one guitar, pan left, record the other and pan right, so you'd need all their gear...).

Cool dude thanks. As far as ixing goes, is there any techniques or tips you could give me to achieve that sound?

yea... umm... i wouldn't necessarily believe that what is in the background of the video is what they used. it's a video and it's not real.

s

I figured this can be true also. I just want to know if there are any techs that could help one achieve this sound

There's a couple of different guitar sounds in that video...which one are you asking about.

The real heavy power chord sound...or the funky Police style strumming at around 0:56 ?

yea... umm... i wouldn't necessarily believe that what is in the background of the video is what they used. it's a video and it's not real.

s
Well, I mean, there's that, too, but Wikipedia didn't have articles on the guitarists, so I couldn't check. I'm sure you could figure out what they normally use, though that's not necessarily what they recorded with. I would venture a guess that an LP and a Mesa or Vox amp would get you pretty close.

As far as mixing goes, just like I said. There's lots of info here on doubling guitars, so do some research about that. Beyond that, just play with the EQ and maybe a touch of reverb (but not too much if you want it in your face like that).

Back