Get one of these!!!

moskus

The Creator of Æ, Ø and Å
I'm of course talking about the BCF 2000. This has to be the coolest and most practical piece of equipment I have ever bought! It makes mixing much easier!

I can sit all day and watch those faders fly away! :D

really?

I thouhg that the BCF could only send controller data. Are you getting it to automate back passes, with the faders moving by themselves? In the gearslutz forum, people had said this was not possible with Sonar's configuration... :confused:

If you search Cakewalks Sonar forum,there's a long thread regarding this piece of euipment and it's functionality with Sonar.If I recall correctly someone wrote a patch or something and got the faders to recieve midi and move.

I think Behringer implemented a faux-Mackie mode which allowed bi-directional transfer of controller information to work properly.

Q.

Qwerty said:
I think Behringer implemented a faux-Mackie mode which allowed bi-directional transfer of controller information to work properly.
Correct! Using the Mackie-emulation on the BCF makes the flyers fly away! And it adds more functionallity too. :)

still curious

So now when u buy the BCF, do you have to add a patch into the controller, or into Sonar3? How complicated is the whole setup, and are there any bugs thus far? I really want this unit, but refuse to add things to my DAW that may affect the stability.....

You need to patch the controller up to version 1.06. After that you follow the instructions in the PDF to the upgrade (some configuring of the UCF), and then you just setup Sonar as you would with the Mackie control.

I have nothing bad to say about the unit. It works like a charm!

Echelon said:
In other words, does it work anything like a Mackie Control Universal? Thanks
It's supposed to work exactly as the the Mackie Control. I haven't tested every aspect of the unit yet, I have a lot of work to do...

Back