general midi question for motif sequencer or any

ujamaa7

Hello to everyone and happy holidays!!

I was wondering if this was possible with the motif.

I want to record a seperate track of a song from the motif into lets say an 8 track recorder, From the 8 track i would eq and add effects to the sequence and get it the way i want it to sound. Then i was thinking if the 8 track has midi would i some kind of way be able to play that edited track/pattern into the motif sequencer and build my whole song that way.

I thought about this method because i can get a dirt cheap 8 track recorder made by zoom. I need to get better sounding mixes because the motif classic has no per track eq and i can only apply one effect per track.

I forgot to add that the 8 track does have midi out.

Thanks in advance and again..HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Hello to everyone and happy holidays!!

I was wondering if this was possible with the motif.

I want to record a separate track of a song from the motif into lets say an 8 track recorder, From the 8 track i would eq and add effects to the sequence and get it the way i want it to sound. Then i was thinking if the 8 track has midi would i some kind of way be able to play that edited track/pattern into the motif sequencer and build my whole song that way.

I thought about this method because i can get a dirt cheap 8 track recorder made by zoom. I need to get better sounding mixes because the motif classic has no per track eq and i can only apply one effect per track.

I forgot to add that the 8 track does have midi out.

Thanks in advance and again..HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

I have the classic motif myself. You're gonna have to go buy a a usb cord for it from radio shack & download the latest usb midi drivers for the classic if you haven't already done so.

http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/index.html

Sorry but i cant help you with the 8 track mixer question. I haven't used the midi on the board in a long long time, but i'm sure the pple at their forum will be willing to do so themselves. Them guys are really quick at responding back and they have a separate forum just for the classic motif. Good luck and heres the link.

http://www.motifator.com/forums

ujamaa7

What is your recording setup?

Give us a list of your equipment.

That will better enable us to help you. ;)

Back