General MIDI hookup question...

bmorris

I have a host of equipment that I would like to take advantage of but as it stands, I currently have to sacrifice certain things depending on which gear I am using for a certain project. I have a number of devices being controlled by my centralized sequencer, MPC2000XL. What I am trying to figure out is, granted that the MPC only allows 2 ins and 2 outs for MIDI, how can I control more than two devices? My current setup is listed below.

MIDI loop (out to in/In to out) between MPC and Roland Fantom S. Out of MPC to IN of Proteus 2500 sound module. I have one in available on the MPC but I would like to control everything from the MPC. I still have thru available on both the Roland and the Proteus.

My inquiry is concerning the addition of more gear. I just purchased a Yamaha Motif ES and want to incorporate all of these pieces concurrently. I am currently running all audio through an AKAI DPS16 multitracker/mixer. I can not figure out what setup will enable me to use all pieces in one production if that need arose. Is this possible and if so, how? How do I make use of my thrus? Sorry so many questions but I have been stuck on this for quite a while. I am summoning the spirits of all the MIDI gurus to get me on track ;) Thanks in advance for any and all assistance in this matter.

Brian

Back