General Discussion

Oh-oh-oh...that sends me in a tizzy...How long will it take now before I stop scrolling down to Special Forums to get here? Oh-oh-oh...

OK, first I almost had a mini-stroke cause I couldn't find "Analog Only"!:eek: Eeek, I thought, did they actually remove our beloved forum?:confused: Took me all but 20 sec to finally find it...:) Whew!:p Anyway, that's pretty cool. We're no longer "special" though.... but...... we're movin' on up!:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV0fmNo7474

:D:D:D:D

Y'all deserved the promotion! The concept was an analog recording board right next to a digital recording board . . . it's pretty close, just use your imagination.

PLEASE NOTE: we are going to merge the Tascam forum with this board, as soon as we get comfortable with board merging. Apparently it is somewhat involved . . . but our goal is fewer forums with better organization intended to follow recording process flow.

The concept was an analog recording board right next to a digital recording board . . .

Hey, we can live in peace & harmony (no pun;)) with our digital brethren :D

we are going to merge the Tascam forum with this board, as soon as we get comfortable with board merging. Apparently it is somewhat involved . . . but our goal is fewer forums with better organization intended to follow recording process flow.

Now THAT is a good idea.:)

It's more that I was hoping for a "Computers & Soundcards" retitle to "Digital Recording", but that may still be pending . . .

Take my 2c but I really, truly believe that you'd be absolutely right to simplify, including a re-title to "Digital Recording", as we have for "Analog ...". Makes total sense. I'm with ya on that!:)

If digital comes from digit which also means finger and computing comes from compute which also means counting then does 'digital computing' really mean what I think it means?

:rolleyes:

If digital comes from digit which also means finger and computing comes from compute which also means counting then does 'digital computing' really mean what I think it means?

Of course. All a computer can do is move a transistor from high to low. Do that fast enough to enough transistors, and you can do just about anything.

In that sense, digital recording is like counting on fingers. But the original analog recording involved fingers and quills, and a strong argument can be made that it is still the most perfect representation of music.

Yes.
But, just marginally better than dropping small rocks in bags to keep track of how many goats your grazing.

Rich Smith

Back