Genelec 8030a, KRk V6

rodrigo21

Where I live I dont have to much chance of listening monitors. But after studing thid forum I got to the conclusion that the KRK V6 was what I needed, but here they only sell the RP series.
So asking for that price range they offered me the genelec 8030a(like 1000 us). There are more expensive than the Krkv6(750 us). I could pay for them but then I could not buy a sub, so Iam not sure of getting them cause they are only 5".

Will I be ok only with the genelecs 5".? I could also get the KRKrp6 plus KRK sub for that price.

How much better are the genelec 8030a than the krk v6, if they are??

I could import the KRKv6, but It would be kind of difficult.

go with the genelecs.....you wont be disappointed. im pretty sure i have yet to hear a pair of KRKs that i dont think sound like ass. personally i went with the mackie 824s and love them but for the most part monitors are relative. you get used to what youre listening on. granted if the monitors cant represent all frequencies it might be difficult but im assuming you dont have a perfectly designed room and probably alot of other factors that will make for a less than perfect environment....anyways done rambling

Personally I have never liked the Genelec sound until you get into the much larger ones. I can't say that V6's are necessarily right for you, or the Mackies mentioned above either though. I personally love my Dynaudio's. I have had two different pairs and models and loved them both. You may or may not. I also like the larger ADAM monitors (much more expensive though).

Just picked up KRK V8's II.......dude i cant say enough of good things about them.

$860.00 after spending an hour at the G/S :D Thanks to fullcompass.com :D

The guy offered me the V6's with a sub for $100 more,but i'm glad i got V8's they sound awesome.

U know they sound even better when i got them home :confused:

Just my 2 pennies.

EDIT: just remember that bass ports in the front will give you more accurate bass results(speaking from experience ;) )

Last edited:
thanks for you advices guys.
But what I realyy want to know now is if I will have big problems monitoring the low freq with only a pair of genelec 5" in a small room.

Hi Rodrigo, i have a pair of genelec 8030a's. As far as low end monitoring is concerned, they pack the best low end I've ever heard on 5" monitors, you wont be dissapointed. I had to roll off like 6dbs of low end, they pack big monitor punch in a smaller package. Def go with genelecs over krk.

Back