GASSING....aarrggghhhhh

cstockdale

supafly killa homey
I was happy with all my gear, then I see a local ad for an Ibanez Artstar AS120....I have to have it. A killer 335 clone for $500 cdn? How can I say no? How do I get my wife to accept it :(

I'm also happy with my guitar, but I recently found a used 2004 '69 hollowbody telecaster for a goooood price, as well as a used SG standard for a bit more, but still fairly cheap, and I can't decide between them.

cstockdale said:
I was happy with all my gear, then I see a local ad for an Ibanez Artstar AS120....I have to have it. A killer 335 clone for $500 cdn? How can I say no? How do I get my wife to accept it :(

Write a love song for your wife or better for your kids if you got them. Get Then explain to her every man needs a hobby. Some men golf, some men finish, some men sit on the couch all day drinking beer and watching sports and some men are musicans.

If she thinks your hobby is a way to enrich the family instead of a cash sinkhole she'll be more suportive when you request new gear, as long as it isn't every other week. That's how I got my Les Paul.

Cheap??? yeah
disingenuous??? Maybe so
could it work??? most likely.
Sad to say, but sometimes the heartstrings are the key to getting to the purse strings.

Either that or remember these two words: Slush fund!!!!!! :cool: ;)

Last edited:
cstockdale said:

All of the above ideas plus teaching your wife to play the guitar, as this will make here understand why certain instruments are more desirable than others, or why having a few of them is not really a bad thing. As your wife gets into guitars, why not get the kids into it as well, and before you know it you may need the outfit for a whole band, including some nice recording gear too.

Cheers

Eddie

or.....

THere is a sweet deal from musicians friend on an epiphone alleykat. For somereason they are blowing out thier sunburst ones for $299US- $200 less than the other colors go for... They're shaped more like a les paul than a ES-335 but it is an archtop semihollow. I saw one and was thinking about buying one myself... at that price you could almost make money on a resale!!

Too bad I'm saving up or the Vox AC30 custom classic head!! Maybe I can get my brother to buy one....

gusfinley said:
THere is a sweet deal from musicians friend on an epiphone alleykat. For somereason they are blowing out thier sunburst ones for $299US- $200 less than the other colors go for... They're shaped more like a les paul than a ES-335 but it is an archtop semihollow. I saw one and was thinking about buying one myself... at that price you could almost make money on a resale!!

Too bad I'm saving up or the Vox AC30 custom classic head!! Maybe I can get my brother to buy one....

I already got one... actually, I have the Wildkat. Great axe. P-90 tone all the way.... but I still want the Ibanez..I haven't got any humbucker guitars. He is now offering it to me for $400... time to talk to the wife again!

Back