Garritan Personal Orkestra

Jerry W

Just got a copy of the Garritan Personal Orchestra. I was going to make the full investment in Vianna Symphonic Library and probably still will however, as a meantime measure and for those that are not that ambitious, this is it. This is the joint for those that just want great string sounds. Can't beat it with a stick for price and preformance.

The thread about favorite soft synths is not seriously outdated. There is a new kid on the block and he is a bad ass.

No, really, its quite good for the money. I can already see where the VSL will give some additional features and ability not otherwise found in the Garritan Orchestra but, the thing is, there is nothing else like it and nothing near the price. To get this much quality sound and functionalit y just a few months agoe would have cost thousands. It can not be had for less than $300.00. I believe it was around $260.00 and some change with tax.

Hurry up, get yours and start learning the orchestra. For students, this should prove to be the greatest invention ever for teaching orchestration. This is an important acheivement.

Now, run along and be good little boys and girls and send Gary Garritan some money.

Actually, for learning orchestral arrangement, I don't think anything will ever replace a good ear and a great teacher...

Back