Gapless Playback

tanacea

I recently mixed a live show and wanted to create a gapless playback of the show, so I dropped memory location markers at each point where I wanted the new track to begin play back. I then bounced individual tracks starting with one memory location and ending with the next. I then imported the tracks into itunes and saved them as gapless playback, but that tracks still have a slight hiccup from one track to the next. Was the problem with my PT bounce or in iTunes?

maybe try to make your markers at a zero crossing on the waveform. This may prevent the little skip you experienced

I wouldn't be surprised if it was iTunes. I've had problems with iTunes mucking up boundaries on serious projects before. (I once tried to burn my band's CD with iTunes, and it inserted 15-45 seconds of silence after every track.)

part of it has to do with how you bounce your track...and the other part has to do with what software you use to master the CD

the easy way, bounce the entire session as one file and then use CD Architect (or another REAL CD authoring program) to create the track markers. Then burn it using CD Architect.

part of it has to do with how you bounce your track...and the other part has to do with what software you use to master the CD

the easy way, bounce the entire session as one file and then use CD Architect (or another REAL CD authoring program) to create the track markers. Then burn it using CD Architect.

+1

This way you can have audio playing in the "gaps" between tracks.

Useful if you want to mark a track as ended, even though there may be some silence, or even applause after the "end". You can also cut off silence before the beginning of a track. If any of that makes sense.

CD Architect does not like mac :( I bet my problem was in iTunes. I will give it another go soon using Toast 8.

Back