GadgetLabs 824 help

JoeNewbie

Just got this thing and I need some setup advice. I'm using VST and don't have a good way of bringing the siginal up to line level.
I'm having to use a guitar amp w/ a line out or just straight from the keyboard.
I also have lots of crackles and pops... do you think that it might be the drivers(I've heard that the newest ones have had problems) or my crazy setup? Any tips will help......... L8R

I am no expert on VST but you need a good mic preamp to bring your signal up to level... Running direct from an amp can be dangerous business.
I am just curious... I recently downloaded the newest drivers for the WAVE and my system started acting funny... What did you hear about the drivers and where did you hear it???

The driver issue has been posted a lot here.......
http://www.studio201.com/cwu/forum/

The guys at this forum are top notch. Do a search for (topic) and you'll get tons of info. Some people even comment that they are still using drivers as old as version 2.xx!!!
The problems range from timming to major clicks, pops, and crap.

I just checked out the GadgetLab site and found a new Beta driver that will fix ASIO problems......... L8R!

[This message has been edited by JoeNewbie (edited 02-22-2000).]

I was using the driver version 2.02 without any problems... Then I upgraded the drivers and my system crashed... I dont know if the two are related, but I never got my system back to normal...

This is my ending..... switch your sample rate to 48 kHz for cleaner wavs.... also go w/ the 2.08 driver (recommended by GadgetLabs tech support)

L8R

Back