G3 vs. G4

The Greater God

IS there any reason to buy the G4 over the G3 ?? Been doing some reading and just wondering if a G4 would be better for music recording/production. I plan on using various soft synth's, and just your usual recording software.
Thanks

i'd probably go for the G4, but i'm not a mac person....curious about why you know you want mac, but not which kind.

The Greater God said:
IS there any reason to buy the G4 over the G3 ?? Been doing some reading and just wondering if a G4 would be better for music recording/production. I plan on using various soft synth's, and just your usual recording software.
Thanks

Well, cause the number 4 is way cooler then a 3 :D :D

Anyhow, it's the same reason why one would choose a P4 over a P3.... Its FASTER... or more powerfull rather :)

G4

G4s have a number of advantages over a G3 in terms of raw processing power. Faster processor bus, larger cache sizes, blah blah blah. Newer G4s have 128 bit processing as opposed to 64 bit in the G3.

My recommendation would be to get a G4 if it is at all feasible. Before you know it, G3s won't even be supported anymore. And some day after that, it'll be the G4 being put out to pasture. Why not get the latest processor NOW and avoid obsolecence a little longer? In the long run, it'll be worth it.

If u can afford it then go for the G4 but the G3's work very well indeed! U cant fault the G3's cos they are the bollox! But Obviously the G4's are faster!
I have a friend who runs a G4 and I run a G3 and they are both mean machines!
I would get a G4 if I could afford it but I have this small problem of money :( being a student! The G3 works fine (Better than any PC's i have used have ever worked) So I have no plans on trading it in soon! :D
Hope that helps!
C ya
c_r_a_z_y
-DISCLAIMER-
I have nothing against PC's I just have had alot of bad experiences with them! I know that many people use them and use them very well!

Back