FW card for DM-24 - Anybody using yet?

knightfly

GrouchyOldFartOnBatteries
Noticed the announcement of the firewire card for DM-24 a few months ago, supposedly it was going to be available by now - anybody using/have one yet, and if so wazzup???!? Thanks... Steve

I was talking to Sweetwater about a week ago and he said that it was going to be comming out in a few weeks and that when you see at online stores they don't have it in stock yet.

thanks, I kinda figured from the wording on 3-4 different sites that they didn't really have it but would be glad to take my order "just in case" - If they don't screw it up, sure beats over $1k for a Motu thing that may not even LIKE your particular PC... Steve

Have been keenly interested in this card myself. After combing the net for info for the last few months i finally broke down and e-mailed tascam support and got a response "ETA early April" from tech support. My guess is that they are tweeking the software drivers. I am also thinking that the DM-24 (what I'm using) might require a software update. I have been trying to hold out and not have to get an ADAT based card (RME or such) or the MOTU 2408 mk111. Might end getting one of those flavors anyway(cash flow) eventually, but if the IF-FW doe's what it's suposed to I'd be mighty happy

Yeah, me too - I've yet to seriously use my DM-24, partly because of the interface (non)options - I've also not upgraded OS or had the pots replaced, don't see any sense in going through 3-4 learning curves when I'm still designing the new studio and haven't broken ground on that yet - The Motu stuff would likely work OK as long as you stick to Intel boxes, but between the cost difference and 3 herkey cables vs. one firewire cord for interconnect, I can wait... Steve

Back