Fw-1884 Windows 7 Issues

xcrunner28

I'm trying to get my fw-1884 to work on my sony vaio vpcf115fm laptop. So far i've installed the 1.80 driver and so far the 1884 will connect with the computer and i can select the inputs but nothing happens and i experience occasional dropouts. If anyone knows anything useful I would be incredibly grateful

well i can tellyou that it worksw here... win7 64 ult...cubase.. not sure i can help but i'll mention some possibilities... most controll issues com down to being able to assign the damn thing in your prog... you didn't mention what you're using... but someone will know the key strokes... nad define dropouts... do you loose the fw??? the history on the 1884's was they're particular who they play with... chip compatability is important.. clicks nan pops is often not enough ram...

hey thanks for the reply and do you have all the knobs and buttons working with cubase cause i've been trying ableton but not been having too much luck

I've heard from many people that you need a Texas Instruments firewire chipset to work with many firewire audio interfaces. Drop outs are named as one issue with chipset incompatibility.

What do you mean by "nothing happens" though? Can you be more specific?

Back