Furman RackRider?

thane1200

Medicated Member
I'm looking at buying this on eBay and was wondering what a maximum bid should be. I've done a little reseach and new they sell for about $135-$150. Should I not bid over $75?

eBay Link

Last edited:
Furmans aren't bad, I used to have one. Only thing I didn't like is that the outlets are evenly spaced on the back, and if you have any wall-warts, you'll most likely loose a plug space.

The one on eBay looks to be in good shape though.

easychair said:
Aahh....just looked at the link. The guy is selling a PL-Plus, not a Rackrider.

The one on eBay is the one I think I want......that is a PL-PLUS? What would I expect to pay?

[EDIT] Holy cow! those aren't cheap!
Sweetwater Link

Last edited:
thane1200 said:
The one on eBay is the one I think I want......that is a PL-PLUS? What would I expect to pay?

$70 is cool, I'd say. The Pl-Plus isn't that much better than the one I linked to. I don't think they are worth the $135-$150 street price, but I'd pay $65-$80 for one, mostly for the lights and voltage metering, which are pretty handy.
:)

ps- a lot of those things really aren't more than power strips with lights, and some minimal RF and basic surge protection. My own solution was to get the rackmount with lights as cheap as possible, and my real protection and filtering is further up the chain.

That being said, the PL-Plus is good for what it is, though I'd still get a decent surge protector in the future. I've had mine for years. I make my living with my rig now, though, so my needs are a few steps up from the average home reccer.

Pps-

Find out if it's ever been blasted with a big surge. If so, don't bother, or give him $10. The guts should be replaced after that, and you might as well get a new one with a warranty at that point.

Back