Funky number I can't quite get right

MessianicDreams

Hey guys,

haven't posted anything here in a while. Here's a very talented band i recorded a few weeks ago, but I can't quite seem to get everything to sit quite right.

Either the guitars and keys are jumping on each other, or its the voice and the guitars, or the drums and everything..

no matter how i try to juggle things it never quite comes out right.

Any suggestions?

Business as Usual - Song Four

thanks for the input :)

MessiD

I'm listening through headphones so my judgements may not be the best here. The only time the vocals seem to be a bit to loud is during the chorus, when everything stops and the harmony part comes in. The band does hits altogether but the vocals seem to over power that. Throughout the verses though, everything seems fairly even. I can pick out each instrument fine.

monkeymanx said:
I'm listening through headphones so my judgements may not be the best here. The only time the vocals seem to be a bit to loud is during the chorus, when everything stops and the harmony part comes in. The band does hits altogether but the vocals seem to over power that. Throughout the verses though, everything seems fairly even. I can pick out each instrument fine.

thanks for the listen!

I'll have a look at the chorus, see what i can do.

Anyone else got any comments to make?

Sounds on my system that the mix is slighty too high end oriented. Especially the vox, or maybe they're just too loud. For this type of tune sounds like there could be more bass as well. Rhythm guitar sounds excellent IMO.
Cool tune, definitely a funky number :cool:

SnakeDog5050 said:
Sounds on my system that the mix is slighty too high end oriented. Especially the vox, or maybe they're just too loud. For this type of tune sounds like there could be more bass as well. Rhythm guitar sounds excellent IMO.
Cool tune, definitely a funky number :cool:

yeh, i see what you mean. i just can't seem to get the song sounding silky and smoooth like i think it should do you know?

i'm surprised you like the guitar tone, that's soemthing which has been bothering me.

anyone else with an opinion?

Back