Funk bass

soundmaster

I'm a bass player and I want to study more about Funk, pop, slap etc. I know a little about funk bass, but I want to learn more.
I know songs like " Higher Ground" by Chilli Peppers, & I know a couple songs by Stu Hamm. This is not enough influance for me.
I want to find more Bass players, like Studio musicans that have albums out, or any other band that has a funky slap, pop sound.
So, if anyone can help me find more artists, or any websites that teaches funk bass, I would appreciat it.

Thanks Soundmaster

Do a search for Larry Graham, Marcus Miller, Bootsy Collins, and Louis Johnson. They are the masters of Funk. I'm not a real expert on funk playing but these are the guys that created it and are revered. Flea is great but he's probably not considered a major funk player. I do like him though, and he slaps the hell out of that bass. The song "Higher Ground" kicks ass.

Go to www.allmusic.com There is info on just about any musician or group.

I've been playing bass for exactly one year and I'm just getting around to learning some funk myself. I have a Fender Jazz bass and a Bass Pod that I play through a 300 watt PA.

Take care.

Back