Full Mastered Album

TexRoadkill

Audio Bum
It's finally fucking done and it only took a year and a half, lol. Thanks to Chris, Ed, Greggles, Dogman and everyone else who gave me mix input on this over the last year.

We had the album mastered by Joe Gastwirt who is THE MAN for classic rock. He's mastered and remastered for everyone from Hendrix to the Beach Boys to Tom Petty www.gastwirtmastering.com Thanks to him this album sounds smooth as shit. I told him I wanted to be able to crank it up and never have it get too edgy and that's just what he did.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1537&alid=1741

Mastering

Not gonna give you any advice on the mix or mastering, well because after it's mastered I would consider it... done. A better post would be to show us the the initial mix and then with it mastered. I guess that's my question, we are thinking of getting our CD mastered and like to hear whether it's worth it or not?

Sounds very good. Songs like this are not easily absorbed with one listen, they have layers and are probably interconnected. Seems like quality work all the way around.

Its hard to comment on the mastering itself. I remember hearing some of this before, you had like a 20 minute clip at one point. My only comment on this final presentation is that it is fairly high frequency and lacks low and mid end on my system. Dont read too much into that, its just an initial reaction.

Whats next? Printing and selling the CD? Itunes?

SOM - Thanks for checking it out. I can post some of the premastered mixes later this week.

David - Thanks man. We put a lot of work into it. Be sure to check out Judas, Last Train and Sunrise. We did a bit of cello and other fun stuff on those.

The first time I put on the master I completely freaked out about the lack of lows and then realized my sub wasn't working. I've since played it on a few systems and I'm pretty sure there tons of bass and low mids so you may want to check your system. :D

The ME, Gastwirt, has done a lot of film soundtrack work. I recall seeing Isham and Badlamenti on his client list. You should check him out for future projects.

What's next? We party like rock stars! Then try and sell a few on Itunes and at shows. We've gone through hundreds of our free pre-release demos so I'm hoping we can move a few copies of this.

Back