Full duplex sound cards

Chill

Are there any decent full duplex sound cards for under $100? Most commercial cards do not list full duplex as a feature and I assume that means that they do not have it. The m-audio delta's start around $150, compusa has a startech.com sound card for $10, but I have my doubts about it's sound quality...any other options out there?

The M-Audio 24/96 works well, I've never had a problem with mine.

Unfortunately, it doesn't get much use any more since I got my Presonus Inspire, but I feel "safe" knowing I have the 2496 as a backup. :)

+1 for the 24/96.

If a recording card wasn't full-duplex then it wouldn't be a recording card...at least it would be a very piss-poor one.

OK, next question (which maybe should have been first :) ), can I use them with a firepod to record a track at a time while monitoring both the existing tracks and the recording track?

If you have a Firepod, why do you want a 2 channel sound card? thats what the Firepod is! Well 10 channel ;)

...so I can hear both the existing tracks and the track I'm recording at the same time.

You can do that with the Firepod, What software are you running? I use to have a Firepod then I upgraded to the Firestudio 26 I/O with Cubase SX3. I have no problems recording and monitoring at the same time.

Cakewalk HS 2004. Seems like I tried it in the past and either get only the recorded tracks (which is somewhat functional with loud guitar amps in the next room) or get time delays and echoes.

Back