FTP HD24 to Cubase

edthehorse

Hi All,
I have been trying to import wave files into cubase after Iv'e ftp'd tracks from my HD24. It appears that the tracks are opening,but there is no sign of the audio to be seen or heard. Can anyone give me some tips on how to do this properly.
thanks

first you need to establish whether its cubase thats the problem or the HD24.(or your FTP program or your network card)

Check if the files have a size proportional to the material you transferred check the properties of the wave file try sending some 16bit files and see if windows mediaplayer works this would tell you its somthing in cubase or as tgs said maybee you have a early version of cubase that only reads 16bit.

Track Rat would probly be more helpful.

Hd24 to Cubase

Thanks for the reply guys. I have an older version, cubase vst3.7
I also have wavelab ver3. The files ftp okay to my desktop folder and open quite fine in wavelab. Shouldnt be a problem with 16 bit because the hd24 will dither and drop the last 8bits as zeros. When I ftp to my desktop folder, the tracks show up as a wavelab icon. This seems to be like a default. My OS on the hd24 is 1.03. Seen no reason to upgrade beacause i'm not using the BRC, but maybe I should try that and it might cure the default icon problem. When I import audio from cubase, i choose from my hd24 desktop folder and double click the track. It seems to load into cubase but shows no wave in the track status bar, just a line through the track bar. it shows the name of the file being played but no wave form or sound. I can only assume that cubase has to have a format of some kind for opening these files. Wavelab opens them fine and pays them perfectly. Hope you can help.
thanks
Laurence

Try making all your wave files the windows default go to Contrl panel>folder options> Then find the WAV file ext and change it to open with windows media player the icon should return to the standard window symbol for WAV files.

If the files are transferring and opening in wavlab then the HD24 and ftp end are working, sounds like a windows/cubase thing.

Cool

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it tpomorrow at the studio. just got home after a long day. i'll soon need to do some transfers and hope to get it working right. Appreciate the help
edthehorse

Back